Wednesday 15 October 2008

Spiders..

I'm sat in my office looking out at the rain showering down over the garden. Gracing a corner of the widow through which I look is a spider, sitting happily in his web.

Why are spiders so horrible? I absolutely hate them: the way they look, the way they move, the way they dispatch their prey, everything! I realise arachnophobia is a quite common trait in people but why? Why are so many people fearful of spiders compared to any one of a number of other insects, bugs, creatures or animals?

Why do I loathe and fear spiders so much but have absolutely no animosity towards craneflies? I must surely blame direct nurtural influences from my immediate family. It just seems peculiar that I can be 'made' to fear spiders but not, say, heights?

Either way - spiders.. ugh!

2 comments:

Nigel said...

What a coincidence! Nx

John Going Gently said...

if you have a chance watch the film THE MIST

you will never look at another spider again