Friday 7 March 2008

Lars and the real girl

I watched this film last night after reading very mixed reviews and I quite enjoyed it. It was certainly an alternative take on mental health issues; particularly delusion.

The direction achieved a fine balance between comedy (used mainly, I think, as a means of assisting the audience to deal with such unfamiliar behaviour) and sincerity. If you can abandon prejudice and 'common' sense, Lars and the real girl (2007) is very easy to get involved in.

I try hard not to give away too much of a film's story when recommending it, so I simply say - watch it. I'm sure you'll either laugh or cry - and if the note hits the spot: possibly both.

A pleasant and refreshing take, 7.5/10.

1 comment:

John Going Gently said...

I will give it a go!
cheers matey